Compactlogix 5069-OB16 Card

Please provide some context and details.

What kind of controller or network adapter is it connected to ?

Is there a diagnostic code shown in the Studio 5000 program for the module ?

Is it the only module in the assembly of I/O modules that is malfunctioning ?

Is this a new installation or one that has been running for a while ? Are there any notable events that preceded the flashing red status LED ?

I assume you're referring to the Module Status indicator on the top part of the module flashing red, rather than one or more of the yellow/red individual point status indicators.

The most common reason for that LED to flash red is that the module has experienced a communications timeout.

The more information you can provide, the better.

1. Controller Type : 5069-L306ER
2. No error code, showing module healthy.
3. Yes, i have 3 5069-IB16, that are fine.
4. New installation, still commission.
5. The LED status lights on each of the points/channels on the module.

I have flashed firmware and have attempted to reset module from logic designer, but get an error saying it is not in the correct state.

Thank you for the clarifications !

Are the modules connected to any physical output circuit loads ?

These modules have open-circuit detection features that can be enabled/disabled on a per-point basis (the "enable no load diagnostics" checkbox). If you don't have anything connected, and no-load disagnostics is enabled, the output points will indicate open circuits by flashing red.

To my knowledge, this feature is disabled by default. It is described on Page 104 of the 5069 Discrete Modules user manual.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/5069-um004_-en-p.pdf

Thanks for the help,
I have nothing connected to the outputs atm,
will check configuration and get back to you.

Regards

Also the firmware version on the 5069-OB16 is v 3.011.
The 5069-IB18 is v 2.011 (working fine)

My version of Logix Designer is v32.2

Do you think this might be the issue?

Is this card fed by an estop circuit? If so, when there is an estop then all the associated outputs would flash when an estop is triggered. If estop is reset and enabled/ or sys started then the outputs would not be flashing.

Flashing lights are usually indicate that the input power or voltage is not present on card.

Hello all, I am also facing the same issue now. After I did a Firmware update on 5069-OB16 Sires A module from v2.011 to v2.014. I have no communication to the module the status LED on the module is blinking red. Also on the RS linx classic the module is not detected on the backplane of remote chassis all other modules are being detected except this. The module was working for weeks and am facing this issue only after the Firmware update.
@Joachimg did you find any solution. If you could please share your experience in solving the issue will be very much helpful
Thank you.