[Proficy Machine Edition 8.6] Moving average instruction not available

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a moving average in PME 8.6 and apparently there is such an instruction (MAVG) but when I try to insert it into an FBD program block, it's not in the list despite being in the Help File documentation.

Wondering if anyone can help? Thanks!

What project template did you use when you started the project? I believe you need to use the Proficy Process Systems Rx3i template, and not the PAC Systems Rx3i template.

I used the GE Intelligent Platforms PACSystems RX3i. Geez, if this is true it's just one more reason why I hate GE.

You may be able to create a new Proficy Process Systems Rx3i target in your existing project and copy any work you've already done to it.

I was messing around, and apparently if you open the Toolchest, MAVG is there. What I found that worked was I dragged and dropped the MAVG into the Program Blocks, then created a new variable (UDFB). From there, I could put the instruction into an FBD block and configure.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited: