On-Site Siemens PLC training question

stayclashy80

Hello all,

I'm interested in getting an on-site siemens plc trainer to my facility and I'm not coming up with any good results google searching. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area. My thought is to have someone train me on my specific equipment and on my specific questions. I'm an intermediate plc programmer but new to Siemens. The way I've been doing it so far is slowly learning new things all the time. I want to accelerate and get up to speed quickly for everything I need to know. I know from my last job paying a major company like Siemens for training is a major investment. Wondering how to contact private contractors for the training to save money.

Thanks

S7-12xx can be found on eBay (fleaBay;)) for around $200.

TIA can be found there for $200.

Several times that in your time to turn it into a trainer.

just sayin'

When I did a one off Siemens Step7 project, I got the local distributor of Siemens involved as hardware/software provider. They also, provided contact information on local support people that directly worked for siemens. Have you tried this route? In for a penny in for a pound.

You could contact Wesco and State Electric in your area
They can do a fast paced 2-3 days for you
PM me if you need details

TIA can be found there for $200.

Several times that in your time to turn it into a trainer.

just sayin'

Please dont... by buying pirated software you are not helping anyone other than the crooks selling it, Siemens does not charge a lot for the basic software and they also offer free support

There some good local suppliers in NC and they would be happy to help you

JRW
Cross has many divisions. There is one in Gastonia, NC that specializes in Robotics and such, they are an Omron shop too.
There is another division out of Knoxville, TN (where I worked) that does mostly Process Control projects using primarily Siemens, Rockwell and a few others.

Gotcha
I remember when Cross bought out JMT in Gastonia
That was years ago.

Is the Knoxville group some of the old CCA folks?
Or different?