Mitsubishi Q-series: Setting a pump alarm

Not really, just need to compare the actual reading to your set points

For example:
Equal to or Less than [<= Actual My SP1] ----------------( ) //Low Flag
Equal to or greater than [>= Actual My SP2]-------------( ) // Med Flag
etc.
You could add timers (Slugs lol) so that it does not jitter.
So for example:
SP1 Low = 10
SP2 Med = 100
SP3 High = 200
SP4 High High = 250 (or what ever corresponds to your levels.
I suggest you still keep the High High & low low digital signals as alarms just in case the sensor faults and use them as alarms.
You can either use fixed setpoints or have them adjustable on the HMI as an Engineering set up screen.

Come on, mate. Even i managed to figure that one out and I'm still wet behind the ears.:)

Edit...looks like a pressure sensor WILL be fitted after all. Does that change the picture?

yes, but I don't like to assume based on my wits, been burned far too often.

Edit...looks like a pressure sensor WILL be fitted after all. Does that change the picture?

Yes, rising pressure at the bottom of the tank wrt atmospheric pressure indicates rising level. now you only need to decide what "rising pressure" means.

i.e. filter out noise, sample times, sample size, compare times, how many increasing events means "rsing," etc.

I would suggest something like a moving average (MAVE), say 2Hz sample rate, 10-sample MAVE, check it every 5s or 10s. The actual numbers depend on the in-flow and outflow rates, the size (surface area) of the tanks, the resolution of the pressure sensor, etc.

If the filter or other criteria are too generaous toward making the "rising" call, the alarm will go on and off.

Last edited: