converting a .rss RSlogix 500 program to PDF

Davenjw

I've got some logic I need to print out that is in .rss format, and don't have access to rslogix software. is there anyone who I could email this file to and have you change it over to a PDF for me?

As far as my research has led me there is no way to open a .rss ladder program without having a paid version of rslogix... sad.

thanks guys! Daven.

Last edited:
Last edited:
hello , how i can convert pdf file to .rss RSlogix 500

You got your answers, not good news....

I am assuming the SLC/MicroLogix has lost its program so you cannot upload, and all you have is the PDF printout (report) of the program that was in it.

If that PDF is a 100% complete project report, then it is just s time-consuming tedious rebuild of the project

How big is your PDF file ?
Does it show how many rungs are programmed ?
How big is your budget for re-creating the logic ?

A project could be re-created from the PDF at about an average of 1 rung a minute (including verification of accuracy)

A 1,000 rung project therefore, would be 1,000 minutes, or about 17 hours, then there's the I/O structure to build, and any other "specific to the project" stuff to work out.

You could expect to have to pay a fairly high $/hr, because the risk is always prevalent.

I would be happy to quote after seeing the PDF, can you zip it and PM, or put it onto a file-sharing website like dropbox ?

I just checked it out, and it should be possible to write code to automate PDF-to-FODG-to-near-RSS conversion. What I mean by near-RSS is the whatever-it's-called mode i.e. [XIC B3:0/0 OTE 0:0.0/0]. And FODG is an XML drawing protocol that LibreDraw can create from a PDF. After that it's just a bunch of parsing.

It's not worth doing for a single 250-line program, of course, but it would be interesting.

Also, how do you attach a file to a PM? My PMs don't have the attach widget.

Also, how do you attach a file to a PM? My PMs don't have the attach widget.

Never noticed that before .... That makes the exchange of non-publishable material difficult.

Plenty of online depositories to choose from though, I generally use Dropbox ...