Turck armor block to RSLOGIX tags

Karinrinkashi

Hey everyone

I am working with a TURCK "Armor Block" which we are using with one of our machines. So I added the block to my I/O list in the RSLogix and it created the tags for it. It all seems pretty straight forward but one thing that is really confusing me is the nature of the tags created.

For example: The "Armor Block" has 8 port on it with each port having the capability of taking in two inputs using a splitter. So in all, I have 16 input capability and they are all discrete inputs. But the tags created have an array of input[0] to input[9] for that block which shows as if the block as 10 ports but it only has 8. Secondly, when I collapse any of those input arrays it shows like 8 bits to each of them input[0].0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 <----- Data

My intuition told me that a block with 8 ports and each port with 2 input capability should create a tag structure like this: Block.input[0] to Block.input[7] (for the 8 ports) and each input should only have 2 discrete data bits like Block.input[0].0,1

Any input would be great!
Thank you

Do you have the exact part number? Usually Turk posts a data map and for their products in a manual. The other bits are probably various status bits.

The part number is 6814012 TBEN-L4-16DXP

And the page number that makes some sense is page 22 in the manual.

I just need to confirm the word and bit offset it is talking about. What do you think it is saying? So, to me, it is saying that whatever the word offset is, that is where the data is going to from the block. And then inside the Data[9] in the example, there are 16 bits and each port has 2 bits for it, that is where the bit offset comes in. If you add the bit offset to the channel input value it skips one bit for each, hence giving each channel two bits

It will make sense when you look at the manual. I just want to know if that is what you also think so.

Karin

See this manual, page 81.

https://www.turck.us/attachment/100000300.pdf#page67

I used about 10 of those modules on a project in 2018. I can confirm the mapping for you with a known project but it won’t be until next week.

In your program, create tags and then alias them to the turck data bits. That way if any are wrong you can easily update them in your program.