Setting up Comms Between Wonderware Web Studio and Lantronics EIP Device

Corm8873

I was just wondering if anybody had any experience setting comms between Wonderware Web Studio and an Lantronics XPORT-EIP comm card.

I’ve setup comms between the these comm cards and compact / control Logix before. All we typically do is create a Generic Ethernet Module in IO Configuration.

Does anyone know what Driver I should use for Generic EIP comms when working with Wonderware?

Also, documentation, instructions or any help on what the addressing format looks like when adding tags to the Wonderware project.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I have used those devices (packaged up by GridConnect) but not with Web Studio (I still think of that as Indusoft, despite Aveva slapping a Wonderware label on it).

I'm not sure that the HMI software and that device will do what you want. Indusoft Web Studio doesn't have a cyclic I/O driver.

What is on the serial side of the XPORT-EIP ?