Installing Gx developer on windows 10

EdCampbell

Hi, I need to reinstall GX developer on my laptop. I used to have it on a windows 7 32 platform but had to do a fresh install and now it will not install at all. I have a windows 10 platform but 8.99 etc will not install. I goes to about 80% and then tells me it cannot start the common Component installer. I have managed to install the melenv part but the rest wont install. Any tips on how to solve this. In win 7 32 bit I just get a flash on the screen then nothing. As if it is not compatable. I have tried everything. I have gx works installed on the win 10 pc but won´t read the files of the older plc´s

I have GXDeveloper 8.91 installed on Win10 without problems. Have you compatibility mode ? I don't remember doing this but it may be worth a try.

Hello:
I was also able to get GX Developer working in my Windows 10 system, without any problems. Did you try installing as the administrator? Maybe your PC has some security policy settings that may be causing pain.

20210112_GX_Programmer.png

As suggested above try setting the compatibility settings for All Users to Windows 7 and Run As Administrator.

I have GX Dev on 2 Windows 10 PC's and it installed & runs fine without a compatibility mode, but have had a lot of problems with other software installing.

Hi Wasan, I have gxworks2 installed, but no matter what I do the gx developer will not install. I have tried everything. The strange thing is that even trying 8.91 on a 32 bit machine does not help. The version I have has the auto run. This opens and then when I click on the buttons nothing happens as if something is missing in the program. I managed to install GX IEC Developer on my 32 bit laptop but it does not read the older plc codes. I have even tried older versions of gx developer and no joy. I must be missing something here but I am not sure what it is. Antivirus should not affect it at all, because it worked on my older system with the same antivirus. Will keep on checking to see what is blocking the operation.

H I tried everything. It just won't install. It is as if this system will not accept it at all, or something is missing in the program. I have even stopped my antivirus which in fact should not affect it.

Hi, How did you manage it? Just tried to reinstall gx works 2 and it could not finish the gx developer version 8 instalation. This is what is getting me. It starts to unpack but cannot start the nexp part which is the panel where it asks to install certain components.

Yes that appeared to install fine but after that it goes pear shaped. Even tried with a clean boot instaltion and no go. Something is stopping it from installing. Strange thing is that when I had my previous windows 7 install on my laptop they installed fine, now they will not run. Not even the very latest version of developer. Not sure why. Can´t be the antivirus blocking it because I have always used this one and never given me problems. Thing is I do have a laptop with win xp that still has a copy of the program on it so will have to just hope it never dies on me. Will keep on trying though. Maybe I should install a virtual pc on my wind 10 laptop maybe that will work.

Well Thanks. I will keep on trying but with the XP laptop I can get by for now, just have to look after it very well. It is well over 10 years old. Thankfuly the hard drive is a ssd if I remember correctly so should not have any major issue with it. I will find a way to install the works proram on my win 10 machine. The win 7 machine is my personal laptop so it is not super important that I have it there right now. It seems that the setup.exe files on all my versions appear to be for lower bit machines. however I have 8.98 0n my xp machine. very strange that it works ther but not my win 7 machine. Just maybe the version of win 7 I have now is not the same as the one I had previously.

I'm sure there is an update on the Mitsubishi site for gx dev for win 10 (you have to be registered)
It's the latest edition and is the whole program.

If you already have gx dev installed, it will update it (I know you haven't)
But it might work with the serial number you have