Deleting unused tag in InTouch

ettikudiappan

Hi

I am using Wonderware's InTouch 7.11. I created a tag and used it in one of the windows. But after some time I decided to remove the reference to the tag from the window. Hence the usuage count of the tag became zero. Yet, I am unable to delete the tag. The tag name is Emp_Name. When I cross reference the tag, I get no usage. When I search for unused tags, this tag does not show up. What could be the reason? I heard the InTouch is a very funny SCADA to work with. I have worked on RSView, Intellution, Paragon SCADAs before.

Regards

Etti

xref.jpg

There is some other selection for update unused.. in same puldown where deletion selection is. Wonderware InTouch is so 'stupid' that can't do 2 things in same time. Females can, but there are only men in Wonderwre software develope I think.
I can't check it anymore, becourse I have unnecessory removed whole InTouch from my computers, I do Scadas by VB now.

first thanks for the replies. i used Emp_Name as just a test tag. This tag is not defined in the bind list and in Version 7.11 any tag in Bind list still shows up as a used tag.

Start up WindowMaker. You should be able to see and delete the duplicate tagnames by selecting the menus
Before this: Close all Forms (Windows)
Special/Update Use Counts and
Special/Delete Unused Tags.

I would be careful with the unused tags fuction.
You may lose something you need.
I have in the past re-named the tag and used it
for something else.