InTouch scripts for displaying variable integers

Kirkamorey

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to display different integers in the same space on my graphics page. Example being, I have six soft buttons on one part of my screen and one integer being displayed on another part, when a soft button is pressed I would like that buttons integer to be displayed where the last one was. Is there a quick way to do this or do I have to go the "GetPropertyI()" route.

The quick and dirty non scripting way to do it would be to create six different analog displays and align them all on top of each other.

Prior to stacking them on top of each other set the visabilty property to show up when a memory variable is equal to it's value.

For Value 1:
ShowMe = 1

For Value 2:
ShowMe = 2

For Value 3:
ShowMe = 3
...etc.

Now have your pushputtons set the value "ShowMe"

Darren

Thanks for the help Dash, if you ever want to know anything about Fanuc/Cimplicity stuff just drop me a line, more my scene, don't get too many Intouch projects.

Try it using an Indirect Analog tag in a Object Type:Text, Value Display: Analog.

Example:

Button_Value is a Indirect Analog tag.
Integer_Source_1 and Integer_Source_1 are I/O Integer tags.

If some_condition == 1 then
Button_Value.Name = Integer_Source_1.Name;
Endif;

If some_condition == 2 then
Button_Value.Name = Integer_Source_2.Name;
Endif;

Put Button_Value in the Value Display: Analog link.

Whatever real number value that is in Integer_Source_1 or Integer_Source_2 shows up when you use Button_Value tag.

It also works in reverse. If you put a value into Button_Value it will show up in Integer_Source_1 or Integer_Source_2.

I do the above to have just one graphic page display & change values from 20 different storage tanks.

Make the displayed tag in indirect tag. Have the buttons Link the integers to the indirect tag (indirectA = integer1) . I don't have InTouch available anymore or I would give you the actual formats.

Thanks for all your answers guys but for me the way that dash is suggesting is probably the easiest. All of the I/O that I am using has been previously set up and it is more trouble than it is worth to go back and make them all indirect and then write the scripts.
Unfortunately for me I am working with somebody elses p**s poor graphics and just trying to patch it up as I go along, don't have the luxury of too much time.

And just a question, why does anybody use this software, it sucks out loud, Cimplicity is a much better/more powerful tool.

I used Cimplicity 3.2X & 4.X and would prefer InTouch anytime, although I've heard it's much improved. For the last 1.5 years I've had ProTool chosen for me and I would love to go back to either of the above.

The first Cimplicity system I did was 4.0 on Unix, pain in the a*s, then moved to 4.0 on NT, much better, then, 5.0 on Win2K, much much better, just seems to be more powerful tool, none of the fiddly nonsense you have to deal with in InTouch. I mean what the hell is "Recipe Manager", not having complete control of a point to change it's type once you have made and not being able to make a text box with a carriage return in it??? And, all those excel spreadsheets, give me a good old completely configurable database any day, more complicated to start with but infinitely better in the end.
Plus I mostly work with Fanuc PLC's anyway so Cimplicity is a lock.