Factory Talk SE client losing connection

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I am having a problem with a client node GUI losing track of data from the server. It is just a small workgroup that contains a PLC-5, two client computers, and a server. I am using FT SE for the GUI. We had contractors doing some work in the plant and somehow they cut my CatVE cable. The server was originally about 500 feet from the client however, after this incident, I moved the server to a location of about 100 feet from the client. I pulled new wire for this. There are two network switches, one at the server and one at the client. The server is also the second client. PLC-5 is what controls the system. At first I couldn’t a reply to a ping from the remote client and the server. Turned-out the static IP address was changed. No one admits to it so I guess it just changed itself. The server and remote client were using the same IP address. Gave the client a new IP address and then the client was able to open the .cli file. This system has been in operation for a couple of years with no issues pertaining to the communications between all of the nodes and the server. What is happening now is, every so often the data on the graphics display for the remote client will go blank. It will come up with some errors along the bottom of the screen that say “error, could not find ‘main’ page”. It will last for a minute and then all the data will then reappear. I do not have a copy of the .cli file here at home so I am unable to post it, for now. Would anyone have an ideas as to why it will seemingly lose its connection and then have it return, for no apparent reason? If I have not provided enough information, let me know and I will fill in as much as possible. Thank you.