Micrologix 1200 problems...

smith31

I am having difficulty downloading to a micrologix 1200 controller. When tried the error message reads, "Program is incompatible with processor" and it attempts to change the program to match a micrologix 1500. Even if I do allow it to attempt to match a 1500 (which it is not) it still fails to communicate. Even the RSLinx recognizes the controller as a 1200, but for some reason RSLogix 500 software cant communicate with it. Is it possible that there is some hardwired reset command that will allow me to download?

Our A-B experts may have a better idea, but I would guess that you have a function in your logic that is not available in the 1200 model that you have. I am assuming that you had not checked the configuration of the project to verify that the PLC you have in Controller Properties is correct before you started programming.

Tom,
I ensured that the controller properties were for the ML1200 when I started programming and verified it after attempting to download, but for some reason RSLogix 500 still ask to reconfigure to a ML1500 and an error occurs that will not allow the software to download.

Despite my earlier reply - in the 'practice section - I also suggest changing our the PLC. We had one 1200 which did something similar. Despite all AB's suggestions it wouldn't load but it was far enough back I can't remember the actual fault. Other CPUs with exactly the same type and revision loaded properly. We changed out the CPU and the problem went away.

I'd look at what Ken and Bernie suggested, but if neither of those pans out - are you using:

DAT files?
RCP?
HSC1?
PTO1?

All of these are only supported in the 1500.

Marc

I just saw your reply in the "practice" posting. RS Logix 4.5 is OLD. Are you in support? Can you upgrade to 6? RS Linx 2.2 is also somewhat old - 2.43.01 is the latest release there . . .

I would be willing to bet Ken was right that your revision of Logix does not support your firmware release of the 1200.

Marc