Can't open project (STEP 7)

Greet

Hey,

We have a S7-318-2DP PLC, and I program with the software V5.0 SP3.

Now, we have a new project that was made by an other facturer, and has to be imported in my project.
Normally I should open their project and copy the blocks into my project, but... I can't open their project!

The problem is, that they used a CPU312C-2DP, and that my software doesn't recognize this CPU: so, no blocks to copy ???

How can I solve this problem ?

Greet,

The choices are small and hard: Either upgrade your software program so that it does recognize the new CPU, or try to get a hard print-out of the new program, and manually insert it into the existing project, a rung at a time. You should think about whether or not your old software will even work with the "new project". You did not say if the new CPU312C-2DP is an actual physical PLC, or only occurs in a software PLC program that the other manufacturer has written. If it is only a program, then maybe you have a shot of converting it over to your old software program.

Im not sure about V5.0 but on later S7 software you can Update your hardware catalog online.

I have seen this myself with a 312C programmed via V5.3 and opened in an early version of 5.2 before MMC equiped CPU's started shipping. The symbol for the CPU has an exclamation mark or something like it instead of the usual icon.

The Upgrade package isnt that expensive anyhow!

Steve

The ability to load hardware updates came with v5.2.

Greet, why do you want to import the project ?

Is it because you want to copy the blocks to the S7-318-2DP project ?
Then ask the supplier to cut out the blocks to a "library", you can open this with no problems.

Is it because you want to make changes to the program in the CPU312C-2DP ?
Then you will have to upgrade STEP7.

Is it because you want to establish comms between the two CPUs ?
Then specify a bit more and maybe we can help you.

Yes, I want to copy the blocks in the S7-318-2DP-project. I'll have to ask the customer to copy the blocks in the library...I think that's the only solution.
(The CPU 313 was their test-plc, where they tested the program on).

Thanx for the help !

Yes, I have the source-code (all *.AWL files). Can I import these and than put then in LAD ?

What is the meaning of these "source-code"?

---link deleted by phil---

Last edited by a moderator:
To import a source file:
1. open up the source folder inside your S7 Project
2. Right click - Insert new object/external source.
3. Navigate to the location of your source file.
4. Highlight it and press open.

Once inside your s7 project right click on file and compile.

HTH

Steve