1769 hsc Count Capturing

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um006_-en-p.pdf
Z Input Functions
There are three Z input functions: store, gate, and Z preset.
Store
The Z-input can be used to capture the current count value even when the counter is counting at full 1 MHz speed.
Gate
The Z-inputs can be used to gate (hold) the counter at its current value regardless of incoming A or B inputs. A gating function is typically one that lets pulses reach the counter (gate open) or not (gate closed).
Z Preset
Preset can be programmed to occur based on the actions of the Z-input signal.

Not sure how you have the reset wired/configured or programmed, but you can use the Z-input to store the current value.

Regards,

Similar Topics

Hello All, This is my first time working with encoders and I am a little lost. I have a 1769-HSC/B card on a Compactlogix L32E controller running...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have a L32E processor with a module 1769-HSC and an absolute encoder at 1024. I was able to show rpm (350 rpm) but i want to count the...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I am having trouble setting up my HSC to count pulses from a prox switch. I have it wired to the prox and I see the .InputStateA0...
Replies
Views
Here is my hail Mary pass I have a wheel that produces 33 pulses per revolution. The RPM of that wheel will be anywhere from 25.21 to 62.7 Pulses...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have an issue that keeps plaguing me. The system has a 1769-L24ER processor and a 1769 HSC card. I am using CH.0 for tracking...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom