PLC Training

Old No. 7

Anyone have any recommendations for PLC training courses?

I'd like to have our new engineers take a class to get comfortable with the basics. They need to be able to troubleshoot and make minor changes, but they aren't sitting down and starting projects from scratch. We work mostly with Allen Bradley Logix 500/5000 and Factorytalk View ME but do use a little Siemens.

I'd like to have our new engineers take a class to get comfortable with the basics. They need to be able to troubleshoot and make minor changes, but they aren't sitting down and starting projects from scratch. We work mostly with Allen Bradley Logix 500/5000 and Factorytalk View ME but do use a little Siemens.

In my opinion....I think you should try and source a training company locally. If you want to look at Siemens courses @ Manchester; you will be looking at approx £2000 per person for the PRO1 course.

Atleast with a local company- they can tailor to you requirements, probably best to go through AB/ Siemens data types and structures and basic navigation of the software programs.

edit: sorry, I didnt even check where you were located :(
Regards

Daniel

Last edited:
Being in Ohio you might want to contact Bob Driame with Star Electrical Training. Went to his courses a few years back mainly to get familiar with the Compact Logix, before we started using that platform. I think he would be willing to customize for your facility needs and his prices are usually reasonable. http://www.starelectricaltraining.com

I strongly second this one... Iv taken most if not all of their AB courses there!!! I love the remote classroom, its like being in an instructor led class without the travel. Remote desktop for the labs make it just like your sitting at your own test bench. Price is equal or slightly below the Big Guys. I always dig Rockwell for not offering this type of training.

(y)(y)(y)

The US thing is new, it was Automationtraining.ca....??????

The forum has a policy against advertisements and I want to respect that so I can't give class details here but I sent you a PM with more info and my contact information.