Toshiba EX40 PLus / D100 Programmer interface connector

fixit9660

Does anyone have the actual pinout of the Toshiba EX40 Plus / D100 Programming interface/connector RJ45 socket please?

OR: Can anyone tell me what signal conditions I should see on each of the 8 pins of the socket please?

Thanks to many very helpful previous posters, I've seen various threads about adapters and cables, and I have the EX40 Plus Manual, and various programs that work on my XP laptop.

Before I tried to connect up and interrogate the EX40Plus, I checked the RJ45 Socket pins and found pins 1,2,3 and 4 all at +5v, and pins 5,6,7 and 8 all at 0v. Pins 5-8 all had continuity to the negative side of the Backup Battery too. Not at all what I was expecting.

If anyone has an actual EX40Plus they can check on I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Toshiba D100 Programming cable pinout

I know this is an older thread, but the pinout is:

4 Jumped to 7
5 SG
6 TXD
7 Jumped to 4
8 RXD

Hi wdaman.

I'm not so sure. I've spoken to another engineer who has looked at an EX40 he has working and agrees with observations I've made which is that the pinout appears to be:
1. +5v
2. +5v
3. TX
4. RX
5. 0v
6. 0v
7. 0v
8. 0v
I'm going to proceed on connecting with an RS232/RS485 convertor on this basis. I'll let you know how I get on.

@fixit9660, your post #4 is very close to correct, (pin #2 normally has no connection, not +5v), for better info, see the second thread below and the diagram in post #15.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?/...er-d100-toshiba-ex40-rs232-interface-adapter/ (Download the file).

Read the entire thread. See especially post 4 and 15. Please rest assured the RJ45 is NOT a regular ethernet connection which you may be familiar with.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=50546

The info you seek should be in these threads.

Last edited:
Does anyone have the actual pinout of the Toshiba EX40 Plus / D100 Programming interface/connector RJ45 socket please?

OR: Can anyone tell me what signal conditions I should see on each of the 8 pins of the socket please?

Thanks to many very helpful previous posters, I've seen various threads about adapters and cables, and I have the EX40 Plus Manual, and various programs that work on my XP laptop.

Before I tried to connect up and interrogate the EX40Plus, I checked the RJ45 Socket pins and found pins 1,2,3 and 4 all at +5v, and pins 5,6,7 and 8 all at 0v. Pins 5-8 all had continuity to the negative side of the Backup Battery too. Not at all what I was expecting.

If anyone has an actual EX40Plus they can check on I'd appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
Hi there
I have just retired and have a Toshiba EX20/40 hardware Key and connecting cable.
Andy good to you?
Andy
Australia