SLC-500 program lost rungs

bright676

A few months ago we had a issue with a 5/04 not working properly and when a compare was done it was found to have a rung missing in the 5/04. It was reloaded and end of issue until last week when it happened again but with a different rung missing on the same program. Reloaded the program and all is good.

I know that the system was not shut down and the the 5/04 battery is good as it is about 1-1/2 years old.

Does any one have any ideas as to where to start with the troubleshooting?

Thanks

Is there an EPROM installed? Check the status file for memory and how it can load if installed. This is all going from my memory.

HTH

Probably not relevant unless someone was trying an online edit: (but maybe??)

I had a problem losing a rung repeatedly- but only when doing an online edit. Then when I went offline and went to verify the project I then got an out of memory error.

Checking the processor status turns out there was only 3 bytes of RAM available, and not enough for a copy of a modified rung - so the original and the copy were lost.