Industrial Router Recommendation?

scarince

Lifetime Supporting Member
For the purpose of SCADA, I'll have several process lines connected to a Stratix5700 which I will use for NAT to convert my PLC addresses to routable enterprise addresses (just another set of private addresses) so that my PLC's can see the servers. I want a layer 3 device between the 5700 and the enterprise switches so that I can route from the enterprise network to those devices.

I like the Stratix 8300 but a) It's really pricey and b) I don't need all the features that integrate it into the PLCs and HMIs. So I'm thinking about just using an industrial router, but I have no experience with any. I'm looking at the Red Lion RAM-6021.

I'm interested in opinions or suggestions.

I attached a diagram that shows from the 5700 down to each line.

Thanks!