displaying data stored in a compactlogix to a panleview

Hello my first time posting so hope i do not confuse you guys. I am wanting to store data from my vibration/Temp sensors that my PLC is already reading and scaling and displaying on my panelview plus 1000. and then be able to look at the old reading on a display.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

Are these data values being displayed on a Trend object, or as numeric indicators, or as something else ?

How far back in time, and by how many intervals, do you want the operator to be able to go ?

This might be as simple as putting data periodically into a FIFO or other array mechanism, or it might be complex (or impossible; the PanelView Plus trending feature is weak compared to modern SQL based stuff).

Hello MR Roach thanks for the welcome. We want to be able to go back 5 day with a record every hour. I am trending the info now and have it in numeric indicators as well

Panelview Data Log and Trend

In the Panelview Plus Factory Talk View ME Studio developer...
...Create a Data Log Model with your PLC tags and desired sample rate

… add up all of the data points (tags x samples x duration) set the data log model to total tags

….in the start up configuration, add the data log model to start at power up

… create a trend object on a panelview display

that is all there is to it! :)

I "think' FTME only allows one datalog to run at a time. Can you add your tags to the currently running data log?

HTH