Problem with integrating OPC-HMI

DzakwanAfif

Hello I really need help here..

So I upgraded my wonderware from 10.0 to 10.5 edition. When I try to connecting the OPC(in PC1) to Intouch (In PC2), they wont connected.

But before I using 10.5 edition, there is no problem like this before. I just write the "Node Name" at "Access Name" in my wonderware with the IP adress of the PC1., and it work perfectly.

But now, this is not worked well, i really need help.

Thankyou :geek::geek:

Connecting to remote OPC is always a tricky business. After a dozen or more installs in different places I just finally learn to give up on it. Even if it works today there's no guarantee that a tiny change of any kind will kill it.

My recommendation is to install OPC on the same machine or use one of the OPC tunnelling software out there.

Ah thanks for the response...
Im still opened for the solution..

And im already tryin to install my older intouch again, it's 10.0. But when doing this, the installation is not work properly, caused by some registry that left after the un-installation from the 10.5.

And I'm stuck, and not goin anywhere :"

Well, if I wasn't clear. There are a few options:

- Try to overcome the DCOM issue. There are a lot of writeup on that if you just search for "OPC DCOM". They don't always work.

- Move the OPC to the same machine.

- Buy the tunnelling software.

Well, if I wasn't clear. There are a few options:

- Try to overcome the DCOM issue. There are a lot of writeup on that if you just search for "OPC DCOM". They don't always work.

- Move the OPC to the same machine.

- Buy the tunnelling software.

Option 4: switch to OPC UA, and throw DCOM in the trash where it belongs