CompactLogix L33- Power Outage and would not keep hold in condition on outputs.

Rob S.

Good Afternoon,

We had a few power outages yesterday . I had several " Hold In " conditions that the operator selects on her HMI . They are just like " Hold In " contacts like a hardwire stop / start .

I thought that that "condition " would stay " True " . How would I insure that " Hold In " condition would stay true after a power loss ?

If I put a Latch / Unlatch condition that should keep the condition that I had before the outage , and it should remain when power returns , correct ?

Thanks so much for your help .

Post a picture of an affected bit. Yes it will make a difference if it is like a wired latch circuit as opposed to using OTL and OTU instructions.

Before we can offer suggestions, we need to know what you are holding in and what the output is going to do!

I may be misunderstanding your application and I do apologize if I am, but you cannot just pick up where you left off when power is restored.

No machine may resume any operation upon power being restored.
you don't know what state the machine is in or what happened when power was lost, where the current parts are, what the state of the air cylinders are, or who is in the machine when the power is restored.

james