Should I cut my teeth learning control logix via studio 5000 or learn rs 500 first

Hi,
I'm a Control's Engineer. Your pay mentioned is doable. Maybe even more depending on area of course.
I went to George Brown and did the 500 course years ago. The AB software 'clone' George Brown used is ok I guess... but it was only a simple simulator. Use your REAL AB software for your lessons since you have it.
I agree with most posts here, but one thing I know about colleges.... they want you to learn according to THEIR CURRICULUM.
That means the 1st few tests on the 5000 will be steep. But George Brown did have PRACTICE tests. TAKE THEM... before the actual.
I work in a modern factory and there is still a ton of 500 around here. In fact MOST of what we run is 500.
Go ahead and jump to 5000. But when you get your 1st job... I bet you will be troubleshooting 500's

I've been teaching maintenance classes for 20+ years. I start students on 500 then move on to whatever they are using at work.
As someone mentioned above 500 doesn't overwhelm at start up and there is so much installed base they will be troubleshooting 500 a lot.

I didn't touch 500 until I had to. Learned on Idec, was similar to RSL500 then went to PCWorx(phoenixContact) which made it very easy to transition to 5000. PcWorx also uses tag based addressing. Then I had to learn 500. The fixed data type memory location was interesting, but now I love it. So simple.

I'm not nearly experienced as the rest of you, but I haven't met a programming suite I didn't like.