Simple SCADA sistem (S7-1200)

NoName

Hello all.
I am building a machine that tests a product by extending it and retracting it. During the travel we measure force. The process is controlled by a S7-1200 PLC and we want to visualize the process with a graph of the stroke and force generated.
We want the results to be saved to a PC. So I was contemplating to use WinCC flex, but it's quite expensive.

Are there any cheaper alternatives available?

Cheers
Aleix

What you are asking for is a curve where the data is plotted freely by the X and Y axis values, aka an f(x) curve.
And you want to be able to export the corresponding force and travel values to a file.
Just so that it is clear.

WinCC Flexible cannot do f(x) curves at all, but TIA WinCC Advanced can. It costs approx 600 € for an 128 tags license.

What you are asking for is a curve where the data is plotted freely by the X and Y axis values, aka an f(x) curve.
And you want to be able to export the corresponding force and travel values to a file.
Just so that it is clear.

WinCC Flexible cannot do f(x) curves at all, but TIA WinCC Advanced can. It costs approx 600 € for an 128 tags license.

Hello.
Yes this is the exact thing that I need. I worked with WinCC flex a few years back and I thought that with trends you can do an f(x) curve, but as you said you cant. The trend is time-based, I just checked it.

I will look into TIA advanced and other suggested software. I will post my results and experience later on.

Cheers guys, thanks for the input.

Hello.
Yes this is the exact thing that I need. I worked with WinCC flex a few years back and I thought that with trends you can do an f(x) curve, but as you said you cant. The trend is time-based, I just checked it.

I will look into TIA advanced and other suggested software. I will post my results and experience later on.

Cheers guys, thanks for the input.

The WinCC Advanced in TIA is pretty much a direct evolution from WinCC Flex Advanced. There will be a few differences, but it will look very familiar.

Step 7 is a huge change from Simatic Manager to TIA Portal; WinCC is almost the same.