Panelview 600 Pushbutton Issue

PLC Gremlin

I have done several projects over the last couple of years using PV 600's and always seem to run into an issue with the pushbuttons.
The problem is that the operator,(or me), has to press some of the pushbuttons twice to get them to work. It seems to happen on maintained PB's. Could it have something to do with the indicator tags that I've set up. It happened with PV hooked to a 5/04 on a DH+ network. This time it's a PV 600 hooked to a micro 1500 on a DH-485.
This is driving me nuts..

Thanks.

Bob O,

Thanks , that explains everything.
Just curious though. In your situation, did you wind up changing your maintained buttons to momentary's ...

What I need to do is press a PB and it changes states(and stays that way; maintain) and then when I press another Momentary PB, I have the PLC looking for both and complete the action. The PLC then turns the first button back to state 0.

Can the PLC hold a Momentary button in state 1. Thus making the PV look like it's a manitained....

My button is still a maintained.

Can the PLC hold a Momentary button in state 1. Thus making the PV look like it's a manitained....

Could you seal it In?

SealIn.jpg

Let me ask this.. Use the code that you have there but also use that PB_Latch to Output to the B3:0/0 (or whatever the momentary button is using as a tag)

I just don't know if the PV will react to that by holding the momentary button in state 1 (or will it still go back to state 0 when operator releases it)

Bob O said:
My button is still a maintained.

Could you seal it In?

SealIn.jpg

But how do you turn it off?

My image was in response to...

Pictures are kind of a pain to insert because of the size.

See if this will work for you..

BST XIC B3:0/0 NXB XIC B3:0/1 BND OTE B3:0/1
XIC B3:0/2 XIC B3:0/1 OTE B3:0/3
XIC B3:0/3 OTU B3:0/1

Edit.....B3:0/3 is the do something bit

Hope this helps,
Bob O

Thanks Everyone...

I tested my changes yesterday and everything worked.
I changed my maintained PB's to Momentary and changed my
PLC code around a little and everything is good.