Uploading S7 Hardware Config

SteveJDRG

Has anybody uploaded a Siemens S7 hardware configuration ( because you don't have the program) then downloaded again after making a change( for example adding a network card) when you don't have all the gsd files on your laptop for the slaves already configured, and then seen any problems ? Do you need the GSD files or is the fact that the correct configuration has been downloaded once enough ?

Cheers
Steve

Not sure its something I would do unless I really really had to.

How do you fault find etc after you made a change?

If it doesn't work then you may have a problem.

Certainly if I did this, I would ensure I had two copies of the program, one the original in case I had to reload it.

I would look very hard for a legit offline copy first

I dont know exactly if you can upload the full HW config including eventual GSD files. I have never tried it myself. I am always working with the original program.

But you can check the uploaded HW config by inspecting it manually.
Are all eventual Profibus or Profinet devices present ?
If yes, and when you save and compile everything there are no errors you should be good to go.