Bridge communication between Mitsubishi Melsec A series and Controllogix

syahid

Hello All,

Last day we are facing some issued. After checking we found that no data transfer between Melsec communication module (AJ71UC24) and Automax communication module (Melsec Link S-67123).

Both system communicate with serial port RS 422 from Melsec and through converter RS422/RS232 to Automax Module which is Melsec Link (S-67123). As I know, Melsec Link (S-67123) is custom made from Japan and difficult for us to find and keep as spare part.

We understand where automax system was obsolete and difficult to find spare part.
What we can propose now is to eliminate Automax System whether we can change to Prosoft or others.

Could you give us some advice and quick solution to solve this problem.:confused:

Welcome to the PLCTalk community forum !

In my experience the hardest part isn't finding a substitute interface, it's figuring out what kind of data was being transported across the old interface so you can configure the new one correctly !

Is Melsec Link the same as "Melsec MC" ? The ANC 300E gateway from Automation Control might work.

Or is your device using the MELSECNET II protocol, or MELSECNET/B, like this:

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/products/cnt/plca/pmerit/renewal/case/melsecnet2_datalink.html