Siemens Profibus Move

DLMUK

I am trying to configure a Profibus DP connection into my PLC - without the Master device here and... i've never done it before!!

I have an S7314C which will be connecting to another Siemens PLC supplied by a different company. I know that my PLC will be a slave and I have setup the communication parameters. I am now mapping the outputs, I have been told I need to use a Move instruction to move the data values from my DB (DB201) to the output slots on the PLC (Q100 to Q194).

Does anyone have an example of the move instructions?

Also, how do you move a Bool value from one DB to another? I cannot understand why you are not allowed to do this.

Thanks.

CALL "BLKMOV"
SRCBLK :=P#DB200.DBX0.0 BYTE 2
RET_VAL:=#retval
DSTBLK :=P#Q 0.0 BYTE 2
is one way of doing it.

Regarding moving bools of a DB. If its a single bit:
A DB200.DBX0.0
= DB201.DBX0.0

If its larger areas you can use the BLKMOV(SFC20).

Is it not just use some move functions and move one doubleword at a time? DB201.DBD0 at move input and QD0 at move output. Move DB201.DBD4 to QD4 and so on??

he probably means:
Code:
L DB201.DBD0
T QD0

which is a "move" box in LAD which I'm to lazy to draw here.

Is it not just use some move functions and move one doubleword at a time?
That's a way. But like DeKemp says, SFC20/BLKMOV is another, and probably less work