Step 7 Block title & network comment import?

jollylee

Hi all

I'm currently working on a repeat machine project which uses siemens PLC control. I'm currently beginning to understand the original system for which I have two versions of program.

One is the original program which has all it's block titles, network titles and comments and symbols.

The second program is an up-to-date program which is the same apart from some minor parameter changes. It has no block titles, network titles and comments or symbols.

I'm almost sure I can migrate all the titles and symbols from the older version to the newer version but just can't figure it. If someone could help me with this they'd save me a days work. Thanks!
Joe

If you know the couple of parameters that changed you might be better off just making them in the copy of the project that has everything.

The symbols would be easy to drop into the other project, but I think the other stuff is harder to get back (the network titles, comments, ...) unless someone else knows an easy way.

BTW, the copy you have without the symbols and comments was most likely uploaded from the PLC. That's typically what is downloaded and so its all you get back. There are ways to store the entire project on the MMC but I've never used it.

BTW, the copy you have without the symbols and comments was most likely uploaded from the PLC. That's typically what is downloaded and so its all you get back. There are ways to store the entire project on the MMC but I've never used it.
Got it in one!

I've no idea without going through block by block which changes were made.

This used to work on MicroWin but haven't tried it for about 5 years. Back up the projects to new names just in case it makes things worse. Open the file with the comments in MicroWin, go through the program and make sure every line has a comment even if it only the word 'blank'. Now upload the correct program from the PLC, the PLC program bit should overwrite the existing program but leave the comments intact. If the corrected program has lines added then comments will be on the wrong lines, in this case add blank lines to the old program but give them network comments 'blank' before doing the upload.

Bryan

For the symbols: Open both projects, copy the symbols from the project with the documentation and paste it into the one without.

For the comments, you can export from the project with them and then then import them to the one with out. I think the import / export function is under the Options menu in Simatic Manager. Have the blocks selected first.

Thanks for the advice guys. I copied over the symbols file.

However when I export from the "manage multilingual texts" menu not all the information is exported. I've been attempting this on OB1 to get started. See here:

105-PG-001X - C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\Baxter fill rig\105PG001N\105_pg_1

Log file: C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\export.txt
Date: 12/17/2009 Time of day: 09:40:55 AM

Settings: Source language: '9(1) English (United States)', Target language: '9(6) English (Ireland)'

Export from: OB1
Exported: BlockTitle
Exported: NetworkTitle
Exported: InterfaceComment

Export completed: 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Here is the log which is generated when I import into my uploaded program.

105-PG-001X_Upload060409 - C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\Baxter fill rig\upload\105-PG_1

Log file: C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\import.txt
Date: 12/17/2009 Time of day: 09:41:11 AM

Read: C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\InterfaceComment.csv
Source language: '9(1) English (United States)', Target language: '9(6) English (Ireland)'

Read: C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\NetworkTitle.csv
Source language: '9(1) English (United States)', Target language: '9(6) English (Ireland)'
WARNING: Unable to find the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\NetworkComment.csv'.
WARNING: Unable to find the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\LineComment.csv'.

Read: C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\BlockTitle.csv
WARNING: Unable to find the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\BlockComment.csv'.
WARNING: Unable to find the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\modular\Desktop\comment\SymbolComment.csv'.

Project path: 105-PG-001X_Upload060409\SIMATIC 300(1)(1)\CPU 315-2 PN/DP\S7 Program(3)

Project path: 105-PG-001X_Upload060409\SIMATIC 300(1)(1)\CPU 315-2 PN/DP\S7 Program(3)\Blocks

Import for: OB1

Import for: OB82

Import for: OB100

Import for: OB121

Import for: OB122

Import for: FC10

Import for: FC14

Import for: FC15

Import for: FC16

Import for: FC17

Import for: FC18

Import for: FC19

Import for: FC21

Import for: FC22

Import for: FC23

Import for: FC30

Import for: FC100

Import for: FB2

Import for: FB3

Import for: VAT1

Import for: DB2

Import for: DB3

Import for: DB10

Import for: DB14

Import for: DB15

Import for: DB16

Import for: DB18

Import for: DB19

Import for: DB20

Import for: DB21

Import for: DB22

Import for: DB23

Import for: DB30

Import for: DB220

Import for: DB221

Import completed: 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)
None of the exported data is being imported to OB1. Anybody have this problem before?

When I open the uploaded OB1 I get the following error also.

There are no parameter & local variable names available because their description is not available or cannot be assigned.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Presuming its Step 7 here and not Microwin.

Make a copy before starting.

Have you compared the projects to see what the changes are.
If the differences are minor you could simply update the original code.

If there are too many, you could copy across all the blocks that are unchanged from the original to the undocumented back-up.

You can copy the symbols straight across, from the symbol folder from the original to the back-up.

From there on in it may take some time to get the undocumented blocks across, especially the DB's.

import

hello,

maybe my NetworkTitleEditor can help you. Please contact me. Or you compare both programs and make the changes in the program with comments