Mitsubishi GOT GT Designer Software

Hi Ushidayo,

Thank you for your reply.

I have a project to design MMI to control 14 machine with 100 recipe or spec / formula.

For example machine A, machine B, will choose which formula that it be used, and one machine maybe have the same recipe.

I can not imagine to design this system with the GT designer (Soft GOT). Cause I can not find any scroll bar input box to select which recipe that the Machine A used, which recipe for the Machine B used, etc. In this case the user said they prefer to select (click to select the recipe then to input numeric input by keyboard.

MACHINE A _________

MACHINE B _________

MACHINE C _________

Please advice how should I design with Soft GOT.

Thanks & best regards

14 machines and 100 recipes

First of all, I need to understand the system architecture. Here are a couple of questions;

1. Are the machines controlled by the same PLC or is there one PLC for each machine?

2. If there is more than one PLC, does each PLC have a SoftGOT connected to it?

Best Regards

Each machine is control by one plc. the recipe such as the timer setting that apply to each machine, different machine no with diff timer setting.

Could it describe the problem?

Thanks.

SoftGOT can handle a maximum of 256 recipes, which will be OK for your project.

The SoftGOT stores the recipes in comma separated variable (CSV) files on the harddisk. The SoftGOT can then read or write the recipes to PLC memory.

For example , recipe 1 is stored on the SoftGOT as file RECIP001.CSV and, when written to the PLC, is stored in registers D0000 to D0019. Recipe 2 is stored on the SoftGOT as file RECIP002.CSV and, when written to the PLC, is stored in registers D0020 to D0039.

As for which Recipe should be used by a specific machine. This must be controlled by the PLC depending on a Machine Recipe Number entered by the operator using the SoftGOT.

For example , machine 1 should use recipe 2, the operator enters 2 in a numeric entry field on the SoftGOT, this number is written to the PLC. The PLC then knows that, for machine 1, it should use the recipe at registers D0020 to D0039 (as per the previous example).

Will you be programming the PLC as well? If not then get the PLC programmer involved as soon as possible. I think for this project, the overall recipe program will be 50% in SoftGOT and 50% in PLC.

I know this is not all the information you need, so please post more questions.

Can I ask which software version you are using, GT Designer or GT Designer2? Also what type of PLC and PLC programming software is being used? If I have the same software, maybe I can write some sample programs which will be useful for you.

Regards

hi

hi. anyone know how to design an Advance recipe using GT designer2 or have a sample program of that? your help will be greatly appreciate. thanks