Is it a world record?

By the way I just had to through this out there
Most of the UK power is generated and disturbed. By PPL UK a homely owned company of PPL Global an US Base company headquartered here in Pennsylvania
That's probably the part that stays working

Western Power Distribution do no generation of their own. They cover a lot of rural areas so more often than not it's their distribution network that gets affected, and is not working

Dirt, the wiring is not wrong, hoever the generator was turned the other way, so the direction is also ther way, solution is simple cross over, and outside in air it is conveniant to do.
In europe it is done a lot, in HT lines, most probably to avoid tension in the masts.

Most of the UK power is generated and disturbed. By PPL UK a homely owned company of PPL Global an US Base company headquartered here in Pennsylvania
I am glad that the power is disturbed!:p

Dirt, the wiring is not wrong, hoever the generator was turned the other way, so the direction is also ther way, solution is simple cross over, and outside in air it is conveniant to do.
In europe it is done a lot, in HT lines, most probably to avoid tension in the masts.

I agree it's not wrong per se. But during engineering/building, the cross-over could have been avoided. It definitely is avoided at the other 2 reactors at the site. It is viewed as a little screw-up at the site.

I did a phase-loss monitoring project during my NC, using a phase loss relay. Unbeknown to me, it also covered wrong phase direction, so when I had tested it 70 miles from tech it worked fine but when I got there it was in constant error. The tutor explained that the power at the tech that came from West Belfast was the opposite phase to the rest of the country.

PG&E, the largest utility in the West, is all A-C-B rotation. The only time it matters is when you buy a Phase Monitor Relay or some piece of 3 phase electronics that was poorly designed and must see A-B-C rotation. I've run across a couple, that's why I know.

PG&E, the largest utility in the West, is all A-C-B rotation. The only time it matters is when you buy a Phase Monitor Relay or some piece of 3 phase electronics that was poorly designed and must see A-B-C rotation. I've run across a couple, that's why I know.

I get confused on this, but isn't it relative as far as the producer is concerned?

I used to work with a guy who came in the break room and plopped down after working his tail off most of the shift. He was complaining about his luck with motor direction:

"You would think I would have gotten one of them right the first try. Out of the six motors I have replaced tonight, with a 1 in 3 chance, they were all backwards."

I had to correct him "You actually have a 50/50 chance of getting it right...your luck is worse than you calculated."

He quickly replied, "No, it's 1 in 3 odds, forward, reverse, or not at all like that last one I get to replace AGAIN after break."

the 50/50 90 rule. Learned this in Nuke school in the Navy. It goes: anytime there is a 50% chance. there is a 90% chance that you will pick the wrong one.

In real life, actually worked in places where they used colored wires and everything was phased the same. you just had to look at the motor placement to figure out which way you wanted it to spin, and hook the wires up accordingly.