RSVIEW ME Restore Error

quasar273

I am facing a problem in restoring RSVIEW ME application. While restoring an application, the application manager issues an error which is enclosed. In-fact, I can not even backup an existing sample application. Similar message appears when I try to backup and existing application.

The error message issued is : "Unable to restore the applicatin 'application name' from 'application path'. Pleae check that: there is sufficient diskspace, the application is not open elsewhere, the destination application does not already exist".

I have installed RSVIEW studio release 4. I have also tried installing the various patches, but they don’t seem to be of any help either.

Can anyone through some light on this?

Clear skies
Omer

Make sure that you have also installed RSLinx Enterprise software on the machine you are using. There was another post on this board where a person was having the same problem, because RSLinx Enterprise was not installed.

Even if you are not using it for communication, RSView ME likes to see that RSLinx Enterprise is present.

Rick

thanks also from me, I had the same issue, somehow managed to loose RSLinx Enterprise.
You'd think that the error message would mention the missing component