S7 Extract information from an ANY pointer in STL

Rogier89

Hi all,
I'm trying to make an universal STL function block that can be used to manage a recipe data block for several projects. The idea was to use an ANY pointer to an active recipe and to extract all information of it's DB location, the recipe size and type from that ANY pointer. With that information I want to make a new pointer to copy paste recipes from an array to the active recipe.

Does anyone know how to do this in STL?

Functional design FB recipes.jpg

Here is one I made earlier. It was designed to allow 20 separate production lines controlled by one PLC to share a recipe system. The recipe is a UDT so if you wish to add or subract elements, edit the UDT then recompile the other blocks.

Nick

Here is one I made earlier. It was designed to allow 20 separate production lines controlled by one PLC to share a recipe system. The recipe is a UDT so if you wish to add or subract elements, edit the UDT then recompile the other blocks.

Nick

Thank you very much, you've saved my day! :)

I've noticed a few differences between my own try and the program you posted. I made a mistake by loading the pointer directly into AR1 instead of loading it into ACCU1 and then in AR1. Also it now says "V" on the right instead of "L", do you know what those letres stand for?

Recipes.jpg