Analog input scaling on 1771-IFE

KurtVDH

Hi,

A couple of years ago our old PLC5 system was changed to Controllogix by adding a 1756 processor, the old PLC5 racks + cards are now used as Remote IO racks. I now have a problem that the scaling on 1 of the analog inputs (AI CARD 1771-IFE) is incorrect. But I can't find how to correct it anywhere. When I look at the incoming value in the Logix5000 it seems already scaled, but in the wrong range.

Normally you can go into the channel settings and change the raw min/max, but when I go into the properties of the analog cards, the config tab is not there anymore.

Does anybody have some experience and/or solution for this problem ?

go through your ControlLogix code and find an MSG (Message) instruction which is set up as a BTW (Block Transfer Write) operation – which references the address of the specific IFE module that you want to fix ...

the "scaling" values that you'll need to change are located inside the array of data being transferred to the module by that MSG instruction ...

the values will be specified as HEX format ... for example: the module will accept the scaling value 4095 – when the value is expressed as the decimal number 16533 in the data field ...

suggestion: this will be a LOT easier if you'll post your ENTIRE project file and tell us what scaling values you want to use for each channel on the IFE module ... somebody here should be able to calculate the proper values for you – and tell you where to plug them into your data tags ... note that you'll get better responses if you'll attach the file to this forum thread – rather than using something on the "cloud" ...

TIP: if you have the old .RSP file that was being used for the PLC-5 system, you can dig around in that and come up with the original scaling values/numbers that you require (assuming that the setup is still the same) ...

TIP: if your .ACD file is too large to post (even after zipping it) try doing a File / Save As operation – and save the file as an .L5K format instead ... that format is usually a lot smaller ...

when I go into the properties of the analog cards, the config tab is not there anymore.

that's because the new RSLogix/Studio 5000 software doesn't know how to "play nicely" with the older 1771-IFE modules ... the older hardware will still work – but you (the programmer) will have to do all of the data conversions yourself ...

welcome to the forum – and good luck with your project ...

Last edited: