Automation Direct EZ Touch

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All

I have a customer with a machine being controlled by a d2-250 processor and an EZ-S6C-K touch screen. I have been asked to modify a couple of the screens. I went an the Automation Direct website for some info and found out that this screen is obsolete along with the software EZ-touchedit. The site recomended updraging to a C-more panel. Typically I would agree, but since it is only to slightly change a couple of screens I do not think my customer would go for it.

My question is, does anyone know where I could get a copy of the software. I am not looking for a pirated copy, but Automation Direct no longer sells it, so I need to get it from somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Derek

Try this link, I think they made the panels for AutomationDirect:
http://www.ezautomation.net/index.php

Click on the "Download" tab.
Here is a cut and paste from that webpage:
FREE Software upgrades for existing EZTouch and EZText customers!
New Models, Additional Enhanced Features, New Drivers and more...

Last edited:
The free software from ezautomation is a newer version than the one AD had. If you convert your project to this version and for whatever reason have to replace the touchscreen with a Cmore panel, the Cmore software will not import it,unless this is something that has been fixed.(I doubt that this has been fixed because there was some kind of a falling out between ezautomation and AD, I suspect that the new free version was probably created because of this.)

The Cmore software will import from the old version that AD had flawlessly.

On a related note EZautomation is releasing some updated displays, including usb support with datalogging and an the ability to view and use over a network.
Not real sure exactly how it will work but interested in trying it out when they release it.