industrial computer fault

johneedw

Hello friends,
I've industrial computer controlling a blister machine.
Now i'm facing a critical fault with this computer, when start it, bios complete memory test the stop ! no other checking and no boot !..
the mother board model is PCI-12S VER:E1.
The attachment showing the details of this computer..
Help me please to determine the fault and to help this computer to boot..
thank you
153362011627711.jpg

153362015858141.jpg

153362020800961.jpg

153362024689261.jpg

Last edited:
Press DEL to enter SETUP and look if the board recognizes the Hard Drive, may it is dead or 12V supply is down.

As Ife said, the hard drive is not recognised, enter the bios and check the default parameters then
check if all connectors are secure if not ,
change the power supply and or the hard drive.

And I thought I ran some old stuff . . .
You do have a copy of the contents of the hard drive do you not?

As suggested, check the power supply volts. (You may need to research the internet to see what volts go on which pin of the connector.)

Check the BIOS settings - most of the time using the default settings works. But I had at least one system back in the day where if one of the settings wasn't set to something 'strange' the system did not work.

I would try replacing the CMOS battery. If you have a second such computer, still running, write out the BIOS settings.

That looks like an IDE hard drive . . . If the system is toooo old it might not work with todays larger IDE drives - and with everything going to SATA drives . . . E-Bay might be able to help you acquire old small drives. (On a really old computer it was necessary to punch in the values off the drive into BIOS. . . more recent 'auto-detects' the drive. Don't know which you have.)

Good Luck.
Poet.

Thank you friends,
I'm really found that the cmos battery is dead! but i don't know how to replace it !..
Please, see the two images below and advice me how to replace the built-in battry ?!.. Can I replacing it without soldering ?!..

bat.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180808_214417.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 31
That does not look like any CMOS battery I am familiar with.
Usually they have numbers on them. Is there any chance that
is a cap of some sort over top of the battery? Most of the time
in a PC compatible the battery looks a lot like a large stainless
steel button. With numbers on it. '2032' are common numbers.
Poet.