Anyone looking for a job in automation, region Flanders Belgium?

Jr2009

Greetings,

we are looking to hire a new automation engineer.

We are a potato processing plant and do most of the programming ourself.

We are heavily into Beckhoff Twincat, Ignition, KEPServerEX, Ethernet/IP drives, ...

Work will be done in the plant (3 plants in Flanders Belgium, one in The Netherlands)

I am looking for a person who has experience in Twincat 3 (or something familiar) and Ignition, and most of all, who is 'a freak' in automation.
Someone who is reading forums like you are doing right now :D

Experience in the food industry is a plus.

PM me for more info.

Have a nice day

What's the pay and is on-call part of the job?

(I have no interest in learning Beckoff, just curious.)

You can drink beer at work anywhere in the world. It's getting caught doing so that's the problem

I worked for a machinery builder in the Detroit area that almost everyone there had an open beer on his desk, table or welder. Lunch was the entire shop went to a bar nearby and it could last for up to 2 hours.

Wonder why they went bankrupt???

Not sure if it still the same but in Bavaria, Beer was classified as food so was a basic human right and I remember visiting customers there that has beer in the vending machines. That would have been back in the mid 90's

I heard in Germany that you can drink beer at work. Is that true at a potatoe factory? Or do you just do shots of vodka?

Not unusual to see the Swiss enjoying a beer at work either, including the one I saw stood in the ground directing the excavator around a buried MV cable, district heating and drainage....

Not sure if it still the same but in Bavaria, Beer was classified as food so was a basic human right and I remember visiting customers there that has beer in the vending machines. That would have been back in the mid 90's

Another Detroit one:

When I was 18 took my car to a service station for repair. They had a vending machine with hand written labels but the bottom button was plain paper - no writing.

The mechanics would put their money in and push the bottom button. Had to look closely once to see and it was vending Budweiser

Back in the zillions of years ago day, I worked for a company that serviced/tested/repaired/recalibrated thermocouple temperature measurement equipment.

One of our clients was R**** R****, and on one memorable day, I had a meeting with their purchasing manager, and being a bit early for the meeting, watched a Concord take-off from their car-park, less than half a mile away from the runway, and yes it was LOUD !, but an impressive sight!

We had our meeting, and the client invited me to "lunch". The company had several dining rooms, and we entered the "Senior Management and above" room.

It was 5-star dining, alcohol freely available, and all served by uniformed waitresses.

What a day that turned out to be .....