Accessing DINT from DB in step 7 V5.6

Hi everyone,

I am using step 7 Simatic manager V5.5 for S7-300 (cpu319-3PN/DP). I have created a udt in DB1 which contains DINT and I want to access it from OB1. I could not find the right access name for DINT like DB1.DBD1 (which I know is for DWORD) I have read in a few forums that you can access bit, byte, word and dword only when accessing from DB. Please let me know if it is true.
Also, second question is if I change my DINT to DWORD would I be able to perform mathematical equations like add subtract etc. on Dword data type.

Thank you!

one simple table with a column indicating its declaration. The following procedures were created using Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.4 software. SFC 6, RD_SINFO, DB_FUNCT, Read OB Start Information FC 5, DI_STRNG, IEC, Data type conversion DINT to STRING. Instructions on different methods of indirect addressing in the Siemens S7-300 By using the methods of indirect addressing the address used by an NOTE: A DINT can be converted to a POINTER by simply shifting the double The OPN instruction can open either a shared data block (DB) or an instance data block (DI).

Sameer.

The reason you dont see the symbolic address i.e. "mydb".mydint is probably bacause the absolute address you entered is wrong.
Db1.dbd1 is unlikely because it is an even address. More probably Db1.dbd0.
Open the Db and the first column should show you the offset.

Hi I just gave an example, I understand how the offset addresses work. When I defined the variable as DINT and tried to access the variable using the following format DBx.DBDx it would show me as error but when I change the variable's data type to Dword then DBx.DBDx showed me no error.