Micrologix 1500 1764-28BXB

Richie97

I let someone use my Micrologix 1500 1764-28BXB to practice on, They accidently put 120VAC on it. I would like to repair it if I can. I have taken the shell off and have the board out. (pictures attached) I cleaned up the blow out as much as I can. Does anyone know which components are damaged or know what I need to buy and replace to fix it? Thank you!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Good luck. Look at the power system on it first. if that went before anything else could be hurt.. you might be in luck. Otherwise... you will soon learn the.....

Smoke Theory of Electronics.

Never let the smoke out.

Good luck. Look at the power system on it first. if that went before anything else could be hurt.. you might be in luck. Otherwise... you will soon learn the.....

Smoke Theory of Electronics.

Never let the smoke out.
@Nova5- ���� I will keep that theory in mind. Now without schematics (I don’t think AB releases their schematics) how would I be able to test the power system? Also one of the components that blew (pictured) only has what appears to only be an H left. Are you able identify it? (Picture 1, component D21k)

Although not too clear, it looks like there is a fuse (solder type reddish brown and about 6mm dia) a VDR reddish colour disc shaped, these are the most common components to fail, however, the PSU regulator could be damaged and almost certainly the resistor that looks burnt, it is probably a small value just to limit current. I once repaired a ML1000, although it was 100-240 v the VDR had exploded but all other components were ok, if you intend to have a go clean all carbon off everything as this will be conductive.