Panelview not displaying strings

Mgw1970

This is a migration code from a micrologix 1500 to a compact L30E the original file uses n-files to store the decimal/ascii code but it doesn't display as a string on the panelview 7? There is no ST:0 file on the micrologix?

We have a machine that uses a ControlLogix Processor, communicating to a bunch of PanelView Standards. They did all of the string displays using integers/ASCII. When we started converting to the PanelView Plus 6 (RIO comms) we had to convert the integers to strings. It was a long process, but once I had a template, it was pretty much copy/paste. I wish I had been more familiar with AOIs then. I will attach an image of a rung we did to convert the ASCII to a string. It takes 10 ASCII characters and copies them into a string. I am sure there are much better ways to do this, but it was the best I could come up with in a hurry. Maybe it will help you.

ASCII to String.PNG