Comm Error 12 - 1756 DNB

quasar273

Hello!

While trying to change the bit rate of the 1756-DNB card, I am getting the following error.

"Communication error: 12 while communicating to address 0 communication error string. Error response received. object state conflict"

The 1756 DNB reads "No Tx" prior to and after this error. I/O led is off, MOD/NET LED is red blinking and OK led is blinking green.

I have tried looking it up on the Rockwell website FAQs and DNET manuals. But am unable to find out the reason fro this fault and know how to remedy it.

Can anyone help me out of this one?

THanks!
Omer

The 1756-DNB is reading "No Tx" because it can't transmit any messages on the network.

This is because, per your first thread, everything else on the network is turned off. The 1756-DNB cannot transmit messages to network devices when all the network devices are turned off.

Object State Conflict means that the Object you're trying to change (in this case, the DeviceNet Object) cannot be changed when it's in the current state. When you're in this condition (power on, but no network nodes attached) the DeviceNet Object's bit rate cannot be changed.

To change the bit rate on a 1756-DNB, unplug the DeviceNet connector from the front and press and hold the black button on the front of the module.

When DeviceNet power is disconnected from the 1756-DNB module, that button scrolls through the data bit rates.

When DeviceNet power is connected to the 1756-DNB module, that button scrolls through node number assignments to the module.

Thanks Ken!
I did not know you can change teh baud rate using the black button. Either missed it out in the manual or it wasn't there in it to begin with! Thanks for the help - the network is up and running now.

Omer