Fisher ROC FST Programming Help

Roclink is FREE??? My Distributor is going to charge me $1,000 for it!! Do you have a download link??

The RFQ has us supplying the ROC 809's so this will be a new configuration out of the box not an existing configuration.

I would suggest the ROC800L as your LACT device. It has the factors and metering devices listed. It will give your customer a TFX file for import into their accounting software also. I have a lot of these operating in the filed with the same program with DS800 doing the PLC work.
Holler if the Forum can help!
John

Roclink is FREE??? My Distributor is going to charge me $1,000 for it!! Do you have a download link??

The RFQ has us supplying the ROC 809's so this will be a new configuration out of the box not an existing configuration.

hmm. if I was greedy I could.make some money then... haha...
Just Joking.

I nor anyone I know has ever paid for it... I will dig you up a link tonight. I am unsure if it is just free since I'm in Canada or what? lol. That or maybe the latest version costs money. I'm running v2.41 and I know it's at at least 2.48.

Another Thing to add about FST Logic.

Make sure your Goto and Labels dont create a loop in the logic so it doesnt end and scan the FST Again. I always make it go down the logic with mine and then to end. My examples at the top show this structure.

Another Thing to add about FST Logic.

Make sure your Goto and Labels dont create a loop in the logic so it doesnt end and scan the FST Again. I always make it go down the logic with mine and then to end. My examples at the top show this structure.

As I learned the hard way! Almost like magic as my "Light and Magic" suddenly turned in to "Smoke and Mirrors" :mad:

the definition of an expert is one who made all possible mistakes in his narrow field of skills. that is the best way to learn what not to do. lol.

No luck on finding a good link. Emerson has removed their links to it it seems.

Roclink800 is downloaded through Emerson supportnet. You have to have a supportnet subscription, which you have to buy through a local rep (aka Local Business Partner). Roclink 800 is up to version 2.51. PM me if you need a copy, and I'll dropbox a link. The Roclink 800 help files actually have some very outstanding documentation on just about everything you can do within Roclink, including a good intro to building FST's. It will take some reading đź“š

I used to work for an Emerson LBP as a control tech, and I can tell you firsthand that customer service is not the Emerson way. For gas measurement, ROC's are a very nice machine to work with even if they are a bit overpriced. I've found Schneider Control Microsystems support to be top notch. Conversely, contacting an Emerson rep can be a serious run around unless you play golf with someone at the top of the food chain.

Thank you for that. I already hooked Bullzi up.

And yes I have read the help files alot, they are very helpful. the field I currently look after has just about every roc type imagineable... Almost. 306/312rocpaks and flash packs. 364 flash packs fb407. FB503 Fb103. FB107. and 1 roc 800 but I'm not sure which model it is.

I've got all of them from the 407 on. Prior to the 407 was a bit before my time in the industry, but I've helped a few people out with basic measurement stuff on a few of the older machines. We've got Bristol stuff from the Amocams on up too... Recently, I find myself gravitating towards Control Microsystems because it's a little easier and a bit more cost effective to implement control logic since they allow ladder and C without having to get too crazy on purchasing software. Pair a ScadaPak with a Red Lion G series HMI using modbus, and you've got some serious horsepower to play with.

The ROC's are just so much easier to add any data point on the machine to the history archives. FST's are nice, but they can become cumbersome very quickly.

Edit: Rosemount wireless sensors are very very cool with the x-bee meshing they do. Implementation in a ROC800 is simple too. Pop in the card, pair up the devices, do what you want with the TLP's. This is one area where Emerson still shines pretty bright in my eyes. Accutech can do it, and their stuff is packaged nicely but they can't mesh the wireless devices so all the remote sensors have to have a path to a master radio. Wireless pneumatic valve control is the way to go!

Last edited:
I have bristols here as well. they call me the bristol expert but really I'm just the best out here. I'm no expert.

Other Fields I've worked in prior had scadapacks and I'm familiar with them but haven't done much with hem lately. actually I have a couple on the shelf I haven't looked at in a while. should.go.play with it again

It seems I need to start learning DS800 for roc as well as is a Graf for scadapacks. those with DS 800 have any tips or links to tutorials?

Well i have DS800 now, playing around with a project i have to commission in a week. The software is clunky compared to RS logix, but it is workable. 1 key thing is that bc of the nature of the hardware, DS800 needs to have the IO setup to come into the tag based database. in the project i have, it is done in Function Blocks. ill grab a picture later to explain it.

Ok so in this example on DS800, We are using function blocks to the the "TLP" and bring it in, convert it to boolean and then set a boolean output.
TLP refers to the location of the info on the ROC, you can figure that out on roclink800, but those 3 numbers on the left corresond to it. the bottom one i have added a debounce timer to prevent nuisance trips.

exampleDS800.JPG

Yes, DS800 is clunky. It is a repackaged version of isagraf made specifically for ROC 800 and 107 series. I've worked quite a bit with both FSTs as well as DS800, but DS800 is nicer to work with, although it lacks some functionality. Hopefully the engine will be updated one day.