Siemens PS 407 replace

Linksy5

Hello
The S7 modules power supply was replaced for a temporary one until a direct replacement could be obtained.
Could someone guide me in the right direction for replacing a Siemens SIMATIC S7-400 SV (PS 407 4A) please.
Any guidance or advise would be much appreciated
Thank you

Siemens

Thank you for the response but obtaining one is not the issue.
I have one to replace but surely it’s not as simple as powering down, replacing PSU and then powering up again.
I have the program archived, I’m assuming I need to change it in the hardware configuration also.
I’m just not sure in the procedure to do it

Thank you for the response but obtaining one is not the issue.
I have one to replace but surely it’s not as simple as powering down, replacing PSU and then powering up again.
I have the program archived, I’m assuming I need to change it in the hardware configuration also.
I’m just not sure in the procedure to do it

What would you need to change in the HW Config? Are the part numbers changing? You might not need to change the program at all, unless you need some new function.

Almost always, Siemens parts are backwards compatible. That means (usually) if you plug a module of the same type thats a more recent FW or an updated part number, it should behave just like the old module without an error. The delivery release on the support site for the replacement part will usually tell you what it is compatible with.

Changing from AC to DC or 4A to 10A probably requires a part number change in the HW config. Changing from an old 4A card to a new 4A card probably not.

I think a bit more info is required...

You say a temporary one was fitted, was the program changed for that temporary card?
If not, then it is a matter of powering down and bringing it back up.
If it was, you should have a copy of the previous program to put back.

Usually Siemens will be quite forgiving in getting things to work. If there are discrepancies, you'll get a message in the hardware config when going online.

I'm not familiar with the 400s, I mostly work on 300s and 1500s. The 300s don't need the power supply in the hardware config. I would think if it was critical it would not be working with the temporary supply and the hardware config pointing to another supply.