Communication Micrologix 1100/Panel View C300

marvis

Good morning,
I would have a question to ask you.

I have a Micrologix 1100 to which I have to connect a PanelView C300 in ethernet. I have already created an application, through the browser of use in ".cha" to which, in the COMMUNICATION page I set my PLC with its address (192.168.1.1).

My question is:
1) do you need to give an IP address to the panelview via bootp / dhcp?
2) simply save the application on a pendrive usb and download it directly into the panel to allow communication with the plc?

The fundamental question is: how does the panel communicate with the plc?

Thanks so much.

The fundamental question is: how does the panel communicate with the plc?

Yes you will set both the PLC address in RSLogix and the Panelview via the web browser

I set my PLC with its address (192.168.1.1).

Then set your PV to 192.168.1.x, also make sure your router is not set to 172.168.1.1.... the best thing is to log into your router and look up "active devices" then note some free IP addresses

Perfect.
Only one last question, is the IP address given as in the attached picture?
That done, I just save the application on a pendrive, download it in the panelview and you're done?

Sorry for too many questions, but it is my first experience with these types of panelview and tomorrow morning I get the panel and I should start to configure everything.

Thanks so much

That done, I just save the application on a pendrive, download it in the panelview and you're done?

You will also need to address the tags in the software to be specific to the address in the PLC, the address is on the tree on the left side in RSLogix 500

Example B3:0/0 and this is a Bit in the PLC but can be a push button address in the HMI, then your logic will be in the PLC

So, panel view and machine it's ok, it all works right and I came back to home! Thank you very much!