Red Lion Multiple SMS Delivery

reybar182

Hi all,

I have an application with a Red Lion interfacing with an SLC 5/04.
Essentially the user sends a command in the form of an SMS to the device and the Red Lion responds with Plant Data related to that.

I'm using the SendMail(Contact, Subject, Content) function which works great for one message. However when the response requires more than 160 characters, I need to send it over several SMS messages. To do this I'm looping through an array of response messages with a 1 second delay between each message

for(i = 0; i <= totalNumberOfMessages; i++)
{
SendMail(Contact,"", Reply_SMS_Message);
Sleep(1000);
}

However, for whatever reason, the messages come back jumbled up each time. Is the SendMail function FIFO?
I've even tried extending the delay, however that just delays the initial message further - still have them all jumbled up.

Appreciate any help with this

Thanks

Reybar

I wonder if it would help to copy the string from the array location to a non-array string tag and use that tag in the SendMail instruction? Be sure to set the string length of the new tag to a value large enough to handle the biggest message...