going online to compact logix via enbt

stallone

Hi all,

i have a plc rack with control logix 1756-L61 (rev 12) and in the rack is the plc, controlnet card 1756-cnb/d, and the 1756-enet card.

I can go online via a rs232 cable to the plc directly.

I cannot however go online via the ethernet port of the enet card in the rack.
I am in the same ip range as i can ping and get a reply from the card but rslinx cant browse the enet card and i cant browse it in rswho.

I have my scada connected to the plc rs232 port and i would like to leave it connected and at the same time go online to the plc via the ethernet port, therefore i can see scada indication and plc bits same time.

Is there any trick to the above:)

> rslinx cant browse the enet

Verify that the part number is 1756-ENET. These were the original 10 MB half-duplex Ethernet modules for ControlLogix.

To verify that you are using the IP address, I recommend trying to connect to the 1756-ENET using a Web browser, or by using TCPING (from elifulkerson.com) with TCP Port 44818.

You can also browse across the backplane from the CPU's RS-232 port and right-click on the module to see its configuration.

There are two RSLinx Ethernet drivers; the "Ethernet Devices" and the "EtherNet/IP" driver.

You will need to use the Ethernet Devices driver, in which you must add the IP address of the 1756-ENET to the station list.

I think that the old 1756-ENET modules did not support the broadcast packet type of browsing that the modern EtherNet/IP driver uses, so they would not show up in that driver.

it is definatly the 1756-enet/A.
i can ping the enet card using cmd/run cammand in windows.

when i am online with the rs232 port on the plc i can see the enet card and it is working and no faults. the ip address i see is the ip address im using.

i must say i have been trying to use the ethernet/ip drivers.

Just an update, i went and setup the Ethernet devices driver and set the ip address as the host name and connected straight away.

Thank you Ken Roach:)