Micro and CCW revisions.

PLC Pie Guy

Hey All.

Iv had an issue come up that I'm wondering if anybody else has dealt with.

I have a machine that I built originally with a Version 9 controller and software. Now I have used the software to update the firmware to
Version10.something. So it all succeeded and I downloaded my original project into the controller. On the main controller screen, now online and in RUN mode, it says that the "Controller Project Version is 9". Yet, If I go to the controller as if I were going to upgrade the firmware, it says that it is at V10, as expected. I guess the question is, how do I get the project to V10, I find it odd that it allows the V9 project to run when the controller is V10.

Any thoughts??? Or is this simply always going to be a V9 project..

Thanks

So did you upgrade your CCW to v10? I would think if you open up your v9 project in v10 CCW it would ask you to convert it to v10. All of the Rockwell software I have used does that. Then when you save it, it will save as a v10 project.

So did you upgrade your CCW to v10? I would think if you open up your v9 project in v10 CCW it would ask you to convert it to v10. All of the Rockwell software I have used does that. Then when you save it, it will save as a v10 project.

My thoughts exactly. That is not happening here. I go to the about tab and there is the software version. (See attachment)

I'm using V10, Developer.

Perhaps not related but I will mention this as it does seem to be something a bit common. The reason I flashed the firmware, is because on this machine that has been running for the past 6 months, within the last few weeks it has had random events (3) of the fault known as the "noisy environment fault". (See Attachment) I find this hard to believe that it really is a noisy environment simply due to the fact that every possible avenue to mitigate noise or other problems were practiced here. VFD cable, shielding, line and load filters, also, put the drives in a separate location from the PLC. Completely different cabinet.

The other known cause is the RTO timer causing this fault... I have none.

So, I'm left wit the firmware upgrade before I call Rockwell to ask their opinion on the "Noisy environment fault" but I'm still curious about the revision thing.

Thanks

micrfault.jpg micrfault_1.jpg