Red Lion, G07 HMI, Update displayed string

Drakkmore

Hi all,

Have been having an issue for a few days without resolution.

I have a string that is displayed on a page with a normal data box. However when I run a program to update the string, the new string is then drawn to the sceen, but the old one also exists.

Example: string="Hello 1"
new string = "Hello 2"

The screen will show 1, overlayed with 2 in the same spot.

I tried turning off the variable that shows the databox, changing the string, and re-enabling that doesn't work.

I need a way to refresh/ redraw the screen and can't figure it out.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Can you post your Crimson file? Zip it first. That way we can see what you are trying to do .

I have seen this happen when a dynamic object changes size. My workaround was to use the fill property of the object, but it can still happen if the object shrinks drastically. Another thing I did that helps was to pad the shorter strings with spaces.

I didn't completely solve the problem in all situations but using the solid fill format (on the object figure tab) at least made it readable and hides almost all the leftover pixels of the previous state of the object.

So this is a clunky test file, but what i refer to is a blank databox on page 4, slightly below the 0. The Buttons DTC Next and DTC Prev should cycle through 5 preloaded sets of data. Just click either of those buttons and the problem becomes clear. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have seen this happen when a dynamic object changes size. My workaround was to use the fill property of the object, but it can still happen if the object shrinks drastically. Another thing I did that helps was to pad the shorter strings with spaces.

I didn't completely solve the problem in all situations but using the solid fill format (on the object figure tab) at least made it readable and hides almost all the leftover pixels of the previous state of the object.

This is great! Giving it a solid fill the same as the background colour solves me issue. Odd workaround but i'll take it.