GX Developer PLC - PC Communication Problem

SAMCRO67

Hello all,

When trying to establish a serial connection between GX Developer and a Mitsubishi PLC I am faced with the following error message: 'An unusable COM port was specified. Execute again after checking the COM port setting.'

I have checked the cable connection, everything seems fine. I have tried changing to another COM port but I get the same error message every time.

Can anyone help me ASAP? It would be very appreciated.

Cheers.

Right click on Windows "Start" button and select "Device Manager" there you will see the COM ports that your PC recognize.

I have done that. The COM Port stated under Ports is 'COM Port 1' this is the port I have tried on GX Developer and I get the error message. :(

I am trying to use a Medoc SC-03-S1. It was wokring fine in December, I came back today to work on the project and I am now getting this error message.

I followed the video but it still doesn't work. I get the same error message. I have closed down every programme so that only GX Developer is running. I have tried restarting the machine but nothing is working.

Is there any chance RSLinx (Rockwell software) is running on it?

When I use the shop laptop to talk to anything other than Rockwell PLC stuff I have to shut down RSLinx (because it monopolizes the serial port).
MadPoet.