VPN PLC/HMI Not Showing In RSLinx

opensourcery

I am trying to set up a cabinet so that the PLC and HMI can be remotely logged into via the client's VPN using Studio 5000 and Connect Components Workbench. I am not having any luck getting RSLinx to find the devices though when connected through the VPN. I can connect to them just find on-site when I'm on the client's local network though.

When I am connected to the VPN, I can ping all the devices, Rockwell's Port Probe tool shows port 44818 and 80 are open, I can view the PLC web diagnostics page, and an Ethernet/IP explorer program I have is able to list basic information like the revision, model, and serial numbers. RSLinx always shows them as a yellow question mark with a red X.

I added an Ethernet driver in RSLinx, typed in the IPs of the devices into the station list, and appended ":EIP" to the end of them. I've had the client's IT allow ports 2222, 44818, and 80 through their firewall for the devices. Maybe I need some more open?

I've attached a few images of the Driver Diagnostics window as well as the ping times and output of the Ethernet/IP explorer tool. From the logs, it's looking like RSLinx is briefly establishing a connection but then it is being closed on the client's side. Perhaps their firewall is filtering out the traffic RSLinx uses and only allowing my basic Ethernet/IP explorer program to access information?

What should my next approach be?

Log.PNG Ping.PNG Explorer.PNG Stations.PNG General.PNG

Agreed with harry, set only an ETHERNET driver and enter an IP, try one device like the PLC first.

harryting and _Dock_: I have added them as an Ethernet driver. I have already tried them without putting ":EIP" at the end and with having just one device added. I get the same results.

Their IT person has now allowed all TCP and UDP traffic on every port and I still am not able to get RSLinx to get the devices.