FactoryTalk View SE (Network), on-screen keyboard "enter key" behavior

JPS_BPR

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's any way to change the behavior of the "enter key" on the on-screen keyboard.

There is 3 button on the on-screen keyboard (besides digits), that are "Update Field", "Download" and "Cancel".

The default highligthed button is "Update Field".

My client do have a physical keyboard, but they want the onscreen keyboard to pop-up as a matter of confirmation that you want to enter a new value.

So my problem is, when i hit a numeric input field with the mouse, the keyboard pops-up. Then i enter the new value i want to download to PLC, and hit enter. The thing is, that does not download, but only update the numeric input field. If that field loses focus, the old values appears back. If i hit enter on the numeric input, that now has focus, the keyboard comes back with the updated value, that is still not downloaded to PLC.

The only way to download is to press the download button after entering new values, on the on-screen keyboard. I'd like the enter key to be default as download, not update field.

Hope i made my self clear,
Thanks
JPS

Don't use the piece of garbage keypad that Rockwell seems to believe is the best thing in the world and refuses to change to something functional EVER.

They have, (mostly buried, since they are embarassed admitting their multiple failures) "Numeric Keypad Control for RSView32" on the Rockwell site. Just googling "Numeric Keypad for RSView32" should get you somewhere near it, of course, you need to be registered with Rockwell...

That control works far better then the **** they have included in all of their HMI software forever, but unfortunately, they either fired the developer or shipped him off to a small town in Siberia for making it, and they never finished a string version.

Best bet? Dump Rockwell, and go with Any Other HMI Software Vendor.

Will that keypad pop up automaticaly on every numeric input i try to change? Does it needs any configuration/programming/vb?
I'll find a way to reach someone who's registered...

BTW, think i have the choice to keep using that? :unsure:

Will that keypad pop up automaticaly on every numeric input i try to change? Does it needs any configuration/programming/vb?
I'll find a way to reach someone who's registered...

BTW, think i have the choice to keep using that? :unsure:

You drop an ActiveX control where you want the numeric input, and configure it the way you want it. On touching it (client), the keypad will pop up.

No VBA scripting is needed, but there is a lot to configure on the actual ActiveX control if you so desire. I typically make one, and then just copy/paste it around.

that numeric keypad for RSview32 works like a charm through ActiveX control.

RDRAST: factory talk ain't all that bad dude! lol

thanks to both of you.:p